Correct Breathing or what we call the Complete Breathe, in Tantra.
The core foundation as you travel the Tantric path is breath. It sounds simple yet we often only shallow breathe and even forget to breathe when we make love. It’s said that all sexual issues from impotency to premature ejaculation and a perceived ability of not being able to orgasm are connected to not breathing properly.
I would love to share an exercise with you now to guide you through the Complete Breath;
- Stand comfortably with your feet shoulder width apart and bend your knees slightly.
- Stand with a beautiful straight spine nice and tall. (Feel free to close your eyes as I guide you through on the video above or read through this practicing with your eyes open before you feel confident enough to do it with your eyes shut).
- Place your tongue just behind your teeth and rest it there comfortably in the Kechari Mudra position – like I showed you previously in the Tantra – Sacred Sexuality and Spirituality video – If you are unsure, say the word “LULL” and where your tongue rests on the roof of your mouth is the place to keep it for this exercise. This is the correct position for Tantric breathing.
- Inhale thought your nose, filling your belly like a Buddha with energy or chi. Just let it go and comfortably fill your body with energy all the way up to your ribcage and chin.
- Exhale through your nose and pull your belly button towards your spine exhaling all the stagnant chi.
- As you do this image your feet are sinking through the floor deep into Mother Earth as you become heavier and more grounded.
You may like to repeat this exercise for 2-3 repetitions or a couple of minutes. If at any stage you feel light headed or dizzy stop, sit down if you need and then squeeze along your earlobes – as these meridian points along your ears connect to the major organs, helping bring back balance and equilibrium to your body temple.
With Love, Elise | S*M